Monday, May 3, 2010

Floods

Severe weather hit middle Tennessee again this weekend. Over eighteen inches of rain fell, resulting in major flooding, destroying houses, cars, businesses, and claiming lives.25% of our yearly rainfall total fell in 48 hours, devastating many areas including Metro Nashville.Nashville hospitals received damage, including Vanderbilt. 23 Davidson county schools fell victim to the overbearing waters.LP Field, home of the Titans, is underwater, the Opryland Hotel didn't fair any better. Shelters have been set up all across the state to accommodate those misplaced from the rains. Fortunately, myself, friends, and family were spared from any flood damage. Prayers go out to all those affected. To donate go to www.nashvilleredcross.org.
Just two days from my surgery, the weekend weather has me wondering, if it will get postponed. Williamson county wasn't spared from the floods, which is where it will be done. I haven't heard anything from the surgery center but tomorrow is the day I will receive the operation time. Hopefully, they will call me and everything will be a go, not to sound insensitive, but I am ready to get it over with.
 The chaperones have been picked out and the all night babysitter is scheduled to watch me sleep. Physical Therapy is set up and I know they can't wait to see me. My crutches are shined and I have ice slurries waiting in the freezer to wrap around the ridiculously swollen knee, that i'm told i'll have. Let's not forget that grabber thingy, I have been practicing and can reach the cereal very well.As for money, I don't know what to do, I have nothing left, but with the tragedies of this past weekend, I hate to complain.All I can do is keep Faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment