Thursday, August 5, 2010

questions to ask

Tomorrow is yet another pre-op day, with the fine folks at Vanderbilt Bone and Joint. Time for me to fall into the "beast" of a car and make the 1 and a half hour drive to Franklin. Which very soon after the move will be two hours but what's thirty minutes? Of course by then I will have a chaperone in a red minivan. Awe yes, riding sideways with my unloader brace and narcotic painkillers. High roller indeed!

All week I've been thinking of questions to ask Dr Looney, they would take all day. So I figure its best to let him talk and what he doesn't cover, I will. I do wonder how long I'll be on crutches, I figure non-weightbearing for 6-8 weeks, since the plan is to have an osteotomy. I am having a bit of a shoulder issue that occurrd after the last round of crutches, worsened after a workout. I know I'm looking at a recovery of nearly two years but would like that broke down into when I'll feel "normal" again.

I received a phone call from Top Rehab today. They seem to have a knack of calling right before I have surgery. Strange, eerie? I don't know. Maybe, they wanted to see if I'm still alive, so I will send them some money? Well they found out I'm alive and no I can't send money.
In all seriousness, Fran, was really nice, as always when she calls to ask how I'm doing and just check up. I believe she was even thrilled to hear I'd be coming back in for more "pt"(pain and torture).
Andrea Turner, will be thrilled to help me sort through the 72 week rehab. See ya soon Andi!

Dr Looney won't be thrilled with how much weight I've gained but that will make two of us. I shall lose ten pounds or so after surgery, albeit, quad muscle mass, if there is any left to lose.

I haven't received my test results from my visit with Dr Schweitzer, hopefully, I will get them before pre-op tomorrow. I am definitely staying away from the EKG technician at VB&J, and any parading around like Holly Madison. Today was election day I do hope you exercised your right! Well folks, that's all I have will give further report tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment