Friday, July 9, 2010

The Date is Set

I had an excitement filled Independence Day Holiday. I spent a few days with the family without the knee acting up too much. I viewed a holiday airshow and fireworks display, never have I heard Independence themed music, along with Johnny Cash and the Beach Boys, followed by Rocky Top.All while fireworks lit up the night sky. I caught a couple of fire truck filled parades. I thought parades consisted of floats, bands and pride of our country, not atv's and sirens. Not that I'm opposed to hearing sirens, it has been awhile since I have listened to the scream of one while driving through rush hour traffic only to get trapped by one SOB that refuses to move over.

I digress, come on people, get a little patriotic.My rant is over, I did enjoy myself just merely making a point. I fired up the grill and burned some corn, squash and various meat products. I never claimed to be a chef! When I push the plate away from me, BEWARE.

When I returned home, I had a FED EX package waiting. It was from the Carticel group confirming my surgery date for August 17th. I am ecstatic that its all come together. I was hoping for a July surgery but that gives me a month to lose the 20lbs, I've been losing for the past 4 months.
Where is Jillian Michaels, when I need her?

While on my holiday, I neglected my knee exercises, slightly. Well maybe more than that and it's mildly stiff and increased in pain. I predict with a couple days of normal routine it will be back to its, postop normal.

In closing, I want to thank Dr. Looney for his good works and listening to my bitching and getting Cigna inline. And wish good luck to Teri during her knee surgery scheduled for Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment