Saturday, July 17, 2010

Get Well Soon

I am happy to report that Teri from Texas, had great news during her surgery. Get well Soon!

Its been a few days since my last report, no news is good news yes? I have been super busy trying to move and take care of a few financial things, so that is taking up most of my time.
I started working out again after a week break and lets just say, the workout has kicked my ass. My biceps are screaming at me just for typing and my knee says hello as well.

I have almost completed my first novel and plan to have it complete and to the editor by surgery day. That gives me 32 days, yikes! My novel is called WE Cry Too and is about EMS and details their life, as well as the lives of the patients they serve. I am very excited and hope that I can bring a greater understanding about the family of EMS providers.

On knee news I am happy to say that my knee hasn't been weak, i.e. giving away, locking up, etc. Just the "normal" pain that is constant. Last night after my workout I had some stabbing pains in both medial and lateral sides of the knee. There is still pain upon touch were the lateral release was performed. But that is normal, it's only been three months. I still have a long way to go, getting the quad muscles built back up. My balance isn't any better and I'm sure it's not going to improve, that appears to be a problem unrelated to my knee.
I'm also adding a few lunges to the workout, perhaps not true lunges due to my inability to completely bend or squat.

On a lighter note, joke here, I have lost five pounds on my way to at least twenty before surgery. So all in all its been a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment