Saturday, May 8, 2010

so far

So far I have had very little pain, after left knee lateral release with chondrocyte biopsy. I am so happy and impressed, after the microfracture I had extreme pain and lack of energy. I have been staying with my folks for a couple of days, for Mothers Day and just support. I am a single woman and I didn't want to be in misery alone. Ha!
My swelling was huge the first day but with ice and elevation it has came down a lot. The most aggravating part is the hip high Ted stocking and brace, of course the crutches aren't fun either. My entire upper torso including my cheeks are sore from the crutches maybe I should take it easier?
I have 3 incisions with stitches with minimal bruising. I have some soreness up my hip but nothing to take a pill over. I ventured out to the grocery store with mama yesterday to enjoy a ride on the crip scooter. Thankfully, I had no runins with any vicious bluehairs. I took a full shower today and got almost all of the betadine out of the nooks and crannies.
I am so much more optimistic after this surgery of course I know the difficult one will be next.

No comments:

Post a Comment