Tuesday, May 4, 2010

One day to go

Surgery is officially on and scheduled for 0845 tomorrow. The surgery center was spared the devastating fate so many structures have faced during this difficult time in Tennessee. I am so ready to get this over with, but nervous at the same time. I'm not looking forward to the pain and loss of independence, one experiences after surgery. This will be round two out of a three round bout, first the microfracture won, but lateral release is going down, and autologous chondrocyte implantation will be a knockout. Nice boxing analogy, huh?!
The best part about this surgery will be no bulky brace, to hold my leg out straight and no CPM!!! Unless, Dr. Looney surprises me tomorrow. I have spent the day cleaning and honestly haven't accomplished much. Day four of severe knee pain has really hampered my activities. Those activities include, watching tv, laying down, and propping my leg up.Let's face it, you can't exactly run a marathon without cartilage, well,maybe you can if your're on biggest loser. Jillian and Bob, come to my house and help me recover, I could use a chef too.
I want to end this post by reminding everyone to continue to pray, support, volunteer, and donate for all the victims of the Tennessee Flooding. All of historic downtown Nashville, is devastated. The Cumberland River crested today and is receding but with millions and millions of dollars in damage and lives lost, the affects will be felt for years to come. Here are a few ways you can donate: Tennessee Emergency Response Fund 1-888-540-5200. www.nashvilleredcross.org, hon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment