Friday, June 4, 2010

when

I went for my preop and to see Dr. Looney today. Not much to do considering nothing has changed in a month. Good news to report on the lateral release, my kneecap has loosened up tremendously. For a kneecap that is a good thing. I still have swelling, pain, and heat but is easily managed with rest, ice, and elevation.
Carticel is still being ridiculous or Cigna, not for sure which one exactly. Carticel is saying they need pre- authorization before they can start growing the cells and Cigna has already sent me a pre-authorization letter. Plus, the surgery center says they scheduled the surgery when the hot the pre-auth. Such fun, I'm fairly sure nothing is simple with me.
We are shooting for surgery on June 22nd but myself and Dr Looney feel it will be the first part of July before everything is in place.
Until then I will be sitting on the couch, watching the womens college world series, waiting to be called up to play. Tn actually has a pro fastpitch softball team, currently based in Nashville. Eight bucks a ticket behind home plate! Next year, season tickets for me!
I also am done with physical therapy. Yahoo! I've been in pain since the last session.
With that said, I will continue pt at home and focus on weightloss. Its extremely important to be in decent shape before surgery, to help yourself out. I mean damn, I have gained over the last 2 surgeries, leg dimples. Gack! And back tits. Double gack!
Just forget about that last sentence, don't close your eyes just call your shrink.
I didn't really ask many questions today, seeing as we are in holding mode right now. So Carticel, Cigna we are waiting and ready to go. I would like to not have the knee of a 70 year old anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment