Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Feeling Good

I have written several posts this week, that were pure genius. Unfortunately, my BlackBerry didn't post them, so I have had to track down a computer to keep you guys informed. I'm sorry you couldn't read those posts but genius can't be repeated. And I can't remember what the heck it was that I wrote, so hopefully, this will work.
This week has actually been fantastic! It has to be the summer weather but my knee has given me a couple days to get out and enjoy myself. Don't get me wrong the pain is still there but is tolerable. I caught a couple softball games and meet up with some old friends, whom I haven't seen in years. I was able to stand for about an hour before the knee said, excuse me,Loo but you have bone ends rubbing together, take it easy.
The next day I paid for all the excitement, with edema and pain that forced me to stay in the house, with my best friends, ice pack and elevation. Saturday, my niece and I went to Nashville to watch the NPF softball team the Tn Diamonds, play the USSSA Pride. We got to meet all the players, who were gracious enough to sign autographs and get their pictures taken with hundreds of young, silly band wearing, girls. Some ice and rest after I got home and I was good to go.

I reached down recently, and I think I found some muscle mass building up around my knee. Could that be? I am exercising at home and feeling really good, I had lost two pounds but that was before I cooked a pizza.
I have contacted Cigna multiple times and still they are useless to talk to, insisting that my physician needs to call them. So, still no surgery date. Come on people, pain here.

I have a new friend, who is having knee surgery in July, quite different from mine but a very interesting story. She is an EMT and so we share in the family of EMS. I'm glad someone out there understands the sarcasm, in this blog. I wish her the best of luck and look forward to hearing more about her progress.
I'm also searching for new career options, so any ideas would be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment