Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Postponed

I received a call today from Dan Gates, at Vanderbilt Bone and Joint. My surgery for next week, has been postponed until June 22nd, tentatively. He got a call from Genzyme group, that my cells were not ready. Bummer! I am so ready to get this over with and start the healing process, towards a normal life, again.
Carticel, the lab that grows the chondrocytes must have 12-14 million cells per vial, to make an attempt at implantation. This requires four to right weeks to achieve, I'm at four weeks now. Also, a delay in the surgery center seems to have trickled down to Genzyme, as they have an insurance approval they go through as well. Even though, my insurance has already approved the procedure. Yes, I know very confusing and frustrating as I told Dan, a couple more weeks to get my tan on.
Not only work on my tan but use my biggest loser training for weight lose and muscle growth.
I may be the only person, who wants surgery at the heighth of vacation season. I'm in a bit of a time crunch with insurance, I only have it for a few months and my pt lasts about 70 weeks. Plus additional surgery to take care of osteotomy.
I wonder when I receive my Foley catheter, if they will notice my farmer tan? Gack!
I wonder since my surgery is postponed, if Andrea, will come knocking on my door and drag me back to pt? I still haven't recovered from yesterday's workout. The stabbing pain is gone but now the entire knee aches. All that equals another night of sleeplessness. Sigh! With a home computer and all my free time, I could solve the worlds problems.
I do have something to look forward to this week. The Womens College World Series. I am a fastpitch softball freak! So with games starting tomorrow and ending the 9th, I'll be content with my new job as a TV watcher instead of attending the games.
I guess I will close this depressing post, and do my at home physical therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment