Monday, April 26, 2010

Wet T-Shirts

Saturday night was incredible,my sister Hope and me went to see Sylvia Browne, at the Acuff Theatre in Nashville. It stormed all day with with the chance of tornadoes and I was afraid we would be unable to go.I watched the Weather Channel all day trying to plan around the storms and while doing so Yazoo City, Mississippi got hit and devastated by a tornado. Prayers go out to the people of the town.
Just as I was leaving to pick up Hope, the rain started pouring down, flooding streets, causing me to increase my grip on the steering wheel,fifteen minutes later the rain had stopped. We made it to the theatre without incident, circled the parking lot for ten minutes and just as we stepped from the car the rain came flooding back.
I gave Hope my tiny World Wildlife umbrella and I pulled up the hood on my jacket, as we hobbled in the direction that we thought the theatre was in.We had to park about what seemed to be two miles from our destination. With my bum leg and Hope being 7 months pregnant, you can see we were in a predicament.
Ten more minutes of hobbling, resting, and near drowning, we found Acuff Theatre. We were greeted by blue hairs as water leaked from my shoes and off our clothes. The umbrella broken by the wind, was laid to rest in the trash can. Hurriedly, we walked in just as Sylvia Browne was walking on stage. The lecture was fantastic, no, we were not chosen to ask her a question but wearing wet clothes, we didn't feel like moving anyway.Over two hours later we went out on the journey back to the car, I knew if we could make it there dry clothes awaited us. Dodging buses and maniacal people, the car was found, opening the trunk and digging past the quad cane and that grabber thingy, I found 2 dry shirts. Now were are we going to change? Well with darkness on our side, right here in the car. Ditching the wet shirts, I thought about ditching the pants too but was afraid of going to jail for indecent exposure and being billed as the parking lot strippers on you tube.
We made it home safely and with a renewed spirit, easing the stress of the upcoming surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment