Friday, September 3, 2010

Emma's Dr Debut

Friday, I had an appointment with Dr Looney, to remove my stitches. The process hurt more than I remember other stitch removals hurting. The nurse who removed them, was very gentle, my wound is just very sensitive. She removed them quickly, while my three year old niece, Emma, looked on in amazement.
Emma, had her nitrile gloves on ready for her debut as a doctor. Standing on the table beside me she shouted at the nurse for not leaving her a stitch to remove.

Five minutes later, I had steri strips where twenty stitches once were. I am much relieved those damn things were itchy and uncomfortable. The incision is about ten inches long and goes under one of the straps on my brace causing friction between it and the wound.
Dr Looney is very happy with my healing and gives me a good report. He wants to see me back in a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment