Friday, August 13, 2010

Pre-op take 2

I thought I should fill you in on all the Dr appointments I've been to. First, pre-op went routine, I was just there a little over a month ago. I saw Debbie Jackson, and she did the usual checking of vital signs and chit chat of the procedure. I was unable to see Dr Looney, as he was either overbooked or had hightailed it outta there for vacation. Whatever, the reason my questions are still unanswered or at least confirmed until Monday. That's right Monday, the day before surgery!
While out on a shopping trip, I happened upon, an old friend, who is a Physicians Assistant with TOA. Kim Woodlee, many of you may know her as a star basketball player for Kansas State. TOA or Tennessee Orthopedic Alliance is based in Nashville, Tn.
I was relieved to see her and wish I hadn't been in a state of manic funk and asked more questions. But I was in a clothing store and for those that know me know, shopping isn't my favorite thing to do. Actually, I was just tagging along and so was knee pain, but I digress. Kim, was very understanding, knowledgeable, and compassionate with me and answered probably, my biggest question: How bad is this shit gonna hurt? Answer: very similar to the microfracture!
Yea! Not that it was fun, hell would be a better term but at least I know what I'm up against. With the right pain medication, I should be just fine.

Now on to Dr Schweitzer, I went in Tuesday, for test results and surprisingly enough, most were normal. I have hypothyroidism and vitamin D defiency but when you stay in the house as much as I do, vitamin D is bound to be deficit.
With a little levothyroxine and vitamin D, all will be good.

I also scheduled my physical therapy post-Op exam. Still makes no sense to me why I need to go the day after surgery, but its made. I'm going to assume, they like watching me stagger in via crutches, high on pain pills and slurring my speech. I know they all have their smart phones out, streaming live footage to youtube. Just look under Loo under the influence and Loo on Physical Therapy.
No, really the team at Top Rehab is great.

I want to give a big thank you to Kim Woodlee, for your free and loving advice.
P.S. Only 4 days til ACI.

No comments:

Post a Comment